Top 5 SE Portland Eats
Where to begin? Portland has some seriously good spots, but these are some we can't help but repeat.
- Apizza Scholls. For us, Apizza Scholls wins best pizza in Portland! The 1980's arcade vibe is reminiscent of summer nights from your childhood but this pizza is actually delicious!
- Por Qué No? Tacos hold a big spot in our hearts and this place has it all: a fun atmosphere, tasty margaritas, and fantastic food. Our favorites are the Pollo Asado and Barbacoa tacos with the red HOT HOT sauce. Don't forget the chip trio that comes with the creamiest guac.
- Pok Pok . When we first visited Pok Pok, we wanted to compare its food to the eats from a recent trip to Northern Thailand. Needless to say, it met our expectations with delight! Try the Papaya Salad and the Fish Sauce Wings.
- Screen Door. There's nothing quite like Soul Food, and for us Southerners that involves grits, cornbread, collard greens, shrimp, and fried fish - for starters. This place touches that warm spot in our hearts and our stomachs. They even have sweet tea!
- Luce. The style and feel of this restaurant won us over first and then the food did not disappoint one bit! Reminding us of favorite spots in Argentina or Italy, this trattoria-styled space offers an excellent lunch menu.
For more ideas about great spots in Portland, check out Bon Appétit's Portland City Guide: http://www.bonappetit.com/city-guides/package/portland